William Curley Mint Truffles
Makes 80 Chocolates
Recipe: Infused Cream Chocolate Ganache
To Decorate: 500g Toscano 65% Dark Chocolate (to temper) Cocoa Powder
Equipment: Flat tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
260g Whipping Cream
340g Toscano 70% (finely chopped)
260g Infused Cream
40g Invert sugar
50g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
30g Lemon juice
First, prepare the infused cream:
1. Place the mint into a clean container.
2. Boil cream and pour over the infusing ingredient. Cover with Clingfilm and allow to infuse for at least 2 hours. When the infusion is ready, prepare the ganache:
3. Place the weighed chocolate into a metal bowl.
4. Strain and reweigh the infused cream. Place into a saucepan and add the invert sugar. Bring to the boil.
5. Pour the boiled cream onto the chocolate and mix until combined.
6. Add the softened butter and mix until fully combined and emulsify with a hand-blender.
7. Allow to semi set at room temperature.
8. When set, put into a piping bag lined with a 12mm nozzle. Pipe bulbs onto the prepared tray and leave to fully set.
To finish: Temper the 65% dark chocolate. Cot each chocolate with the tempered chocolate and roll in cocoa powder.