150ml Whipping cream
60g Egg yolks
30g Caster sugar
400ml Whipping cream
320g Dark chocolate Blanco de Criollo
1. Place the whipping cream 300g and the milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mix becomes light in colour, about 2-3 minutes.
2. When the milk has boiled, pour half of it onto the egg yolk and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour this mix back into the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (82-84°C)
4. Take off the heat and pass through a fine sieve (strainer) onto the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
5. Using a spatula, mix until smooth and emulsified and leave to cool.
6. Place the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Alternatively, whisk in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
7. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and use immediately.