Lemon-Blueberry Pie Recipe – We are pleased to share this fruity recipe from our friends at Boyajian, featuring our Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil – All- natural and cold pressed from the rind of fresh lemons, the Boyajian Pure Lemon Oil is 100% pure oil with no alcohol or water added.
It takes 225 lemons to fill a 3.4oz bottle!
- 2 prepared 9-inch pie crusts
- 6 cups fresh blueberries, washed and dried
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- zest from 1/2 lemon for garnish (optional)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Boyajian Lemon Oil
- 1 large egg yolk whisked with 1 tablespoon of warm water, for the glaze
- Roll out one of the pie crusts to a diameter of 12 to 13 inches and transfer it to a 9-inch pie plate. Transfer the pie pan to the fridge and chill the crust for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F while the crust is chilling.
- Combine the blueberries, 3/4 cup of granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons cornstarch, lemon juice and Boyajian Lemon Oil in a medium bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves and let the berries macerate on the counter for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the pie crust from the fridge and pour the berries inside. Roll the second pie crust to a diameter of 11 to 12 inches and gently lay it over the top of your pie. Trim the edges to make them even, then tuck the edges under themselves and crimp. Cut a few vent holes in the top pie crust and brush all over with the egg yolk and water mixture.
- Transfer the pie to a baking sheet (to catch any drips) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Turn down the oven temperature to 350°F and continue baking for another 30 to 40 minutes, until the berry juices are bubbling and the top crust is golden brown. If the edges of the pie are browning faster than the middle, cover the edges with tin foil.
- Remove from oven and garnish with lemon zest if desired
- let it cool for at least 3-4 hours before serving. If serving the next day, leave the pie on the counter and cover it with a cake dome or a very large bowl once it is cool.