Office & Warehouse Assistant Vacancy – King’s Fine Food are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual required to support with admin and packing duties
Applications to include a cover email and CV to be sent to: email@example.com
Location: King’s Fine Food, Unit 6 Mill Farm Business Park, Millfield Road, Hanworth, Middlesex, TW4 5PY
Hours/Contract: Full Time 40 hours, Permanent
King’s Fine Food is a family-run business selling high-end products, including Caviar, to the most prestigious hotels, restaurants, retailers and airlines in the UK including the Ritz and Claridges Hotels, Harrods and Fortnum & Masons. In 2015 we featured prominently in the Channel 4 documentary: “The Most Expensive Foods in the World”.
We are looking for an Office Assistant to join our small team based in Hanworth. The role is primarily to support the team with customer orders including telephone orders, invoicing, and packing of products.
As a small business, we need everyone to be flexible and prepared to “muck in” when necessary so this post will be a combination of an office-based administrative role and warehouse and packing duties. You will be required to do (paid) extra hours during busy periods, particularly in the few weeks before Christmas.
Our normal hours of work are from 9 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday (with half an hour for lunch). All staff are required to do an early 5 am packing shift once every 2-3 weeks with occasional Saturdays.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Dealing promptly and efficiently with customer orders, by telephone and electronically (email or website) ensuring completion of appropriate paperwork/office systems
- Undertaking specific duties relating to caviar and other sales including preparation and packing of orders and preparing the necessary paperwork
- Checking relevant stock and paperwork; ensuring effective stock rotation and a tidy stock room
- Working with other relevant team members to monitor orders, estimating stock required and securing future supplies, undertaking stock checks/stock control and monitoring the quality of stock, checking dates and stock codes
- Invoicing customers and filing in accordance with office systems
- Receiving and unloading deliveries alongside other team members as appropriate
- Booking deliveries to customers (with DHL etc)
- Labelling caviar and other foodstuffs as appropriate
- Monitoring/checking fridge and freezer temperatures
- Supporting with ad hoc PA/admin duties as required
What you’ll need
- Previous administrative experience
- Strong communications skills both written and oral
- A customer focus on all activities; ensuring that all customer relationships are handled positively and professionally.
- The ability to work on your own initiative, be willing to take on additional responsibility and be fully accountable for your own work.
- Flexibility and a willingness to “get your hands dirty” when necessary.
- To be reliable and punctual with a good attendance record, able to prioritise the use of your time and resources and prepared to go the extra mile when required.
- Focus on contributing to the success of the business and achieving company targets.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
King’s Fine Food is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to considering individuals from all backgrounds.