Thank you to our friends at Boyajian Oil for this delicious recipe to try at home – Cherry Sugar Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen 2 ½ inch cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Boyajian Cherry Flavor
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- flour for rolling out dough
- Sprinkling sugar
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl of an electric stand mixer and beat until light in colour. Add egg, milk, and cherry Flavor and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. (do not overwork the dough) Divide the dough in half, forming each into a disk and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Sprinkle the surface and rolling pin where you will roll out the dough with flour
- Remove 1 wrapped disk from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to making
- Sprinkle the surface area and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thick. If the dough has warmed during rolling, place a cold cookie sheet on top for 10 minutes to chill.
- Cut into the desired shape, and place at least an inch apart on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Add sprinkling sugar on top and bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until cookies are just beginning to turn brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2 minutes before placing on cooling wire rack.
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.