Burrata, pea, grapefruit, caviar and leek salad by chef Marcus Wareing
This light summer salad from Marcus Wareing comes with an indulgent twist.
Burrata is an extra creamy cheese similar to mozzarella, often available online or in fine cheese mongers.
Use a good-quality, fruity extra virgin olive oil when making this burrata salad recipe for the best results.
Complete with your favourite caviar.
Recipe from the Great British Chefs website
Lime White Chocolate Cookies
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
2 1/4 tsp. Boyajian Lime Oil
2 cups white chocolate morsels
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and Lime Oil. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing thoroughly. Stir in morsels. Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 3 dozen
150ml Whipping cream
60g Egg yolks
30g Caster sugar
400ml Whipping cream
1. Place the whipping cream 300g and the milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until the mix becomes light in colour, about 2-3 minutes.
2. When the milk has boiled, pour half of it onto the egg yolk and sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour this mix back into the pan and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (82-84°C)
4. Take off the heat and pass through a fine sieve (strainer) onto the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl.
5. Using a spatula, mix until smooth and emulsified and leave to cool.
6. Place the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Alternatively, whisk in an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
7. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture and use immediately.
Imagine the wonder of those who, opening the Amedei Egg find another one inside, smaller and more precious.
A praline egg, a unique creation. Two dark chocolate shells which contain inside a soul of milk chocolate, whole hazelnuts and whole almonds, both air roasted in their traditional boutique in Pontedera. The eggs are also available in milk and mixed chocolate variety.
This is a surprise signed by Amedei.