We were thrilled to see the superb selection of images Chef Andras Katona produced using the King's Fine Food Aquitaine Caviar. They are brilliant - Thank you, Chef.
Chef Aaron Harris creates this fabulous recipe with King's Fine Food Caviar - it looks amazing and we just had to share it.
Cornish Lobster - Artichoke - Pea - Caviar
Imagine the wonder of those who, opening the Amedei Egg find another one inside, smaller and more precious.
A praline egg, a unique creation. Two dark chocolate shells which contain inside a soul of milk chocolate, whole hazelnuts and whole almonds, both air roasted in their traditional boutique in Pontedera. The eggs are also available in milk and mixed chocolate variety.
This is a surprise signed by Amedei.
The Caviar Queen herself, Laura King talks about her specialist subject - caviar
1. Did you know the word caviar did not originate from Russia? Russians call it ikrabut caviar itself hails from the Turkish havyar, which comes from khayah, the Persian word for egg
2. The sturgeon fish existed on earth 250 million years back. They even outlived the dinosaurs. Currently, we have 20 major species of sturgeon. Sturgeons can be located in the northern hemisphere. They usually thrive in saltwater, but spawn in freshwater.
3. It can only be called caviar if it comes from sturgeon, a finfish - if it comes from scaled fish (salmon or trout, for example) it’s considered roe.
4. Caviar is one of the oldest delicacies. The oldest written account dates back to the 1240s during the epoch of Mongol ruler Batu Khan, Genghis Khan’s grandson.
5. The sturgeon fish existed on earth 250 million years back. They even outlived the dinosaurs. Currently, we have 20 major species of sturgeon. Sturgeons can be located in the northern hemisphere. They usually thrive in saltwater, but spawn in freshwater.
6. Most of the world's wild caviar was produced in the Caspian Sea, which is bordered by Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Iran. Due to overfishing caviar is now farmed.
7. The people who make caviar are called Ikrjanschik. Before making caviar they must undergo an apprenticeship that lasts anywhere from 10 to 15 years.
8. Caviar is judged on its colour, flavour, texture and maturity. The finest, most expensive caviars are older, larger eggs that are lighter in color. Lower quality caviar is younger, with a less intensely fishy flavour, and darker in colour.
9. It can take anywhere from eight to 18 years for the sturgeon to produce mature eggs that are large enough for caviar harvesting.
10.Nutritional Value of Caviar
Caviar is a source of vitamins and minerals including omega3, which helps to promote a healthy nervous, circulatory and immune system.
It is also a good source of protein, Vitamin A, D, B-6 as well as Vitamin B12, iron, Magnesium and Selenium which can help promote strong bones and teeth.
11. Historically, caviar was prescribed to alleviate depression due to its richness in omega-3s
12. It was also prescribed for impotence. Caviar contains high levels of taurine, a natural stimulant, and arginine, a vasodilator that opens up blood vessels.
13. According to legend, one of Jackie O’s diets consisted of a single baked potato, stuffed with Beluga caviar and sour cream.
14. Caviar should never be frozen, as it will end up mushy. It is best served in a crystal or glass bowl over ice.
15. Serving caviar with silver utensils is a sin, as the metal adversely affects the flavour of this delicacy, Instead, use spoons made with mother of pearl.
16. Caviar pairs well with Champagne and vodka.
Fortnum & Mason presents The Oscietra Caviar Hampering.
This is the perfect gourmet meal to be enjoyed in transit and I spotted this little gem on a recent trip at Heathrow Airport.
Each Oscietra Caviar Hamperling includes our connoisseur caviar – Golden Oscietra Caviar complete with miniature blinis, crème fraiche, shredded eggs and a selection of decadent Napolitain chocolates for dessert, as well as all the necessary utensils packaged in its own unique Time to Fly Travel Bag.
Such an emotional, exciting day. Thanks to everyone’s incredible support.
£133,000 has been raised to purchase the life-enhancing microscope for St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. Used more than 1,200 times annually on operations it will change lives.
Here we have Laura King handing over the incredible cheque to Doctor Tim Jones, John's Neurosurgeon and Trustee of the #JohnKIngBTF in the McKissock garden where it all started. Now a stunning garden for patients at Atkinson Morley Hospital, Wimbledon.
Massive thanks to the John King Brain Tumour Foundation.
John would be so proud.
Donations are always welcome, our next step as a charity is to fund a clinical nurse and support to assist people under 40, as brain tumours kill more people under 40 than any other cancer.
Gioia—golden chocolate pralines.
'Pralines represent the spirit with which Amedei traces day after day, more than 20 years from its foundation, the path of passion and emotion in the world of high-end chocolate.'
Master chocolatier, Cecilia Tessieri, is dedicated to her art and to the finest ingredients she uses—including cocoa beans directly from cocoa plantations. She has created Gioia, a selection of Dark chocolates enrobing delicate hints of yellow fruit and small lemon peels, with peach and apricot. The finishing touch is impressive gilding in edible flakes of 23-carat gold on the top.
These fine, melt-in-the-mouth chocolates are handmade in Pontedera, Tuscany.
Touch Paradise with the new Christmas collection by Amedei
A refined journey of discovery to taste the chocolate Paradise on Earth. An enthralling adventure towards a new world for those who like to enjoy life and allow themselves to indulge in the exclusive sensation that envelops all the taste buds.
From cocoa beans to tablets, to pralines, this year’s Christmas treat is called Paradise Blooming, the new, extremely elegant, Christmas collection by Amedei, an Italian company specialising in the production of excellent artisan chocolate. A touch of absolute pleasure, thanks to the enhancement of the finest cocoa beans coming from the wonderful places that preserve the origin and creation of this divine product.
Paradise Blooming consecrates Amedei as a place where excellence, quality, experience, and absolute taste coexist. Where those who seek knowledge, creation, and savoir faire and love the exaltation of the Italian dolce vita when looking for something different take refuge.
This Christmas collection is the answer to all your wishes, with the proposal of 4 different Amedei Chocolate selections with evocative names taking inspiration from the Garden of Eden.
The journey begins with a delightful symphony offered by a mix of enchanting melodies. We will listen to the notes of Toscano Black 70, the first ever to offer a stout blend of authentic dark chocolate, structured with tobacco and toasted malt scents;Toscano Black 90 will be added to the melody, a strong blend of creamy dark chocolate, structured with white flower and toasted bread scents, capable of balancing bitter and sweet without renouncing to creaminess;then Acero 95 arrives, an extra-strong blend of soft dark chocolate, structured with licorice and wild citrus scents, an absolute innovation capable of perfectly balancing chocolate and maple sugar, softer and with a low glycemic index. Until the apex of ecstasy is reached when Chuao arrives, strong single-origin, full-bodied dark chocolate, structured with pure red fruit and honey scents. A rare raw material due to procurement, and therefore production, difficulties.
Ready to leave.Getting away from all the rest. Now is the time for Paradise Blooming by Amedei.
Amedei Chocolate are thrilled to be included in The River Cafe Hamper, this includes a selection of our chocolate bars and chocolate buttons. For more information please visit https://bit.ly/2ktElRP
Amedei Toscano Black: A twenty-year long search for perfection for an extraordinary dark chocolate experience
Amedei celebrates the twentieth anniversary of its iconic range with a limited edition of Toscano Black 70 and the brand new Toscano Black 90
Amedei pays tribute to twenty years of the Toscano Blackline, its first step in the long journey undertaken in the world of top-quality chocolate, with a limited edition of Toscano Black 70, the first and historic chocolate creation by Amedei, and with the new Toscano Black 90, the 90% extra dark chocolate enriching and completing this precious range, synonymous with perfection in the art of dark chocolate.
Amedei has since 1990 represented the Italian mastery and excellence in the art of artisan chocolate transformation. Throughout its history, it has discovered and enhanced the finest cocoa beans coming from the marvelous places that preserve the origin and creation of this divine product. Control of the entire production chain, from the bean to the tablet, has always set the company apart in its responsibility for shaping authentic and timeless taste emotions.
It was 1998 when Cecilia Tessieri, the first female maître chocolatier in the world and the founder of Amedei, gave life to her very first creation, Toscano Black 70, carefully dosing few ingredients of the highest quality and processing them by hand: cocoa beans and cane sugar, perfectly balanced in order to obtain a 70% extra dark chocolate blend with such a unique and pioneering aromatic profile that it won 5 international awards at the London Academy of Chocolate.
Today Amedei and Toscano Black have maintained the same spirit as in those days. The difference is an increased knowledge that has been developed over time, thanks to the creation of always new blends, recipes, and combinations of ingredients that have given rise to flavours and aromas capable of captivating all gourmands.
The new celebratory packaging thus preserves the unmistakable timeless taste of Toscano Black 70 and its inviting and authentic fragrance, tinged with tobacco and toasted malt scents. Its structured flavour, after the initial delicacy, bursts out overwhelmingly, offering the palate an absolute and inimitable taste experience.
With the new Toscano Black 90, innovation espouses excellence. Dark chocolate, which reaches 90%, is harmonised with a delicate fragrance of white flowers that gives rise to an inviting blend with an intense hot chocolate scent, which ferries one over to an incredible discovery of tastes: the chocolate, very creamy, has a long-lasting flavour that leaves a surprisingly fresh palate in the finale. An aromatic, persistent, and irresistible charge, a true invitation to take another bite.
For the more delicate palates, the answer resides in Tuscan Black 63, where you can taste a pleasing, dark chocolate floral blend structured with honey and toasted malt scents. Its taste is rich, full-bodied and creamy, leaving your mouth fresh and well balanced.
Together with Toscano White/ white chocolate, Toscano Nut Brown/ gianduja and Toscano Brown/ milk, Toscano Black 63, 70 and90 are part of the family I Classic Amedei, which brings together the most traditional chocolate flavours in the iconic 50gr tablet size and in 5gr napolitains format, perfect for tastings and food pairings.