Skip to Content
Skip to Shop Navigation
1. Learn how to use a mini piping bag!
- To make your chocolate creations look amazing you do not have to go and buy a miniature piping bag. You simply need greaseproof bpaper and a steady hand.
- Make a triangle out of the greaseproof paper and form a cone shape. Fill the improvised piping bag and snip off the end when ready to pipe!
2. Keep it simple! Less is always more!
- Chefs and bakers alike have a tendency to get over excited with piping bags and cream! Unless you know exactly what you are doing, keep to one simple yummy sauce and keep the number of elements on the plates to a minimum.
3. Avoid clichés
- A strawberry split in half on top of our dessert? Have we not all seen that before! Garnishes are great but avoid these clichés. Maybe try putting a fruit garnish at the side of the dish? But make sure it’s ripe, appropriately prepared and compliments the dish.
4. Think about the tableware!
- Choose simple tableware of an appropriate size to go with your creations. Maybe consider glass or terracotta?
5. Ban Inedible Garnish – What’s the point?
- Don’t be tempted by inedible garnishes such as cinnamon sticks or vanilla pods! These are great ingredients but not when it comes to desserts. Why not use nuts or dried fruit as alternatives?]
Remember if you are baking up some chocolate creations we have a whole range of exquisite amedei and original beans cooking chocolate you may enjoy!